Friday, February 6, 2009

Vitamin Water Review

First let me start off by saying that this is my personal opinion, I have not been paid or given any kind of reward, whatever for doing this review. This is just my honest opinion for what that is worth. Okay now that that is out of the way I can start with my little review:

I am going to only review the two flavors that I have tried so far, the Energy (tropical citrus) and the Power-c (dragon fruit) flavors.

I will start with the Power-C one:

First off let me say that you view the company website here.

I really didn't know what to think of these waters to tell you the truth, I had never had one, nor had I before thought of drinking one. It just sounded well nasty to me, I mean Vitamins in your water, Yuck. I was imagining an awful vitamin tasting drink, but, boy was I wrong. Once I opened the bottle of Power-C and gave it a sniff I knew that it was not going to taste like the vitamin nightmare I was thinking of, the smell was fruity. Now, I knew that this drink was not going to give me a ton of vitamins, or do anything miraculous; I am just looking for different options when it comes to my drink selection. I am a recovering soda addict, and just need lots of different options with flavor. The Descriptions on the sides of the bottles make me laugh, they are written by someone with a great sense of humor, and I laughed out loud several times just reading the bottle. As I turned up the bottle to take my first drink, I didn't know what to expect, maybe the fruity smell was just a cover up for that vitamin taste. But, after that first drink I was hooked. It was wonderful, a nice fruity taste, not too sweet, but not liked flavored water either. There was no strange aftertaste, which I hate. So all in all I like it a lot. Now it will not become a daily drink for me, because the calorie count is high for the bottle (well high for me, and I don't want to be drinking all my calories). But it will be my occasional treat drink. (There are 125 calories per 20 oz bottle)


Now about the Energy:

Now, this taste test started off a little better, since I knew that I wasn't tasting a disgusting vitamin tasting thing. I opened the bottle and gave it a sniff; it had a nice fruity smell, okay great. Then I take a sip, hummmmm, not as great tasting as the Power-C but not bad. The Energy one is lacking a little something, I am not sure what but it is a little bland to me, it actually tastes like water that you put a little citrus into, whereas the Power-C tasted more like a fruit drink. But all in all it is okay, this one doesn't make my list of treat waters though. I just don't think I will waste my calories on this one.


Okay so there is my little reviews take them or leave them, but they are honest. Now both of these drinks are high on the Sugar count, so if you are watching that I would say: DANGER!! Stay Away! But, all in all they are okay for an occasional treat.

PS (The Energy one does have 50mg of natural caffeine if you are looking for some caffeine, like me).


I think that you can purchase these just about anywhere. Remember what I said before though if you run out to buy some, these are not the way to get in all your vitamins for the day, they are just a fruity tasting beverage and should be used as such.

Until next time,

JT




0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP