Sunday, February 1, 2009

Starting Date

So today was the day that My family decided to start our weight loss challenge.
This morning I have found out a lot about myself:
1. I didn't realize that I ate/eat food without knowing it. This morning while talking with my husband on the phone, I was mindlessly eating tootsie rolls, luckily I caught myself pretty quick.
2. I can't do math, especially measurements. So I have been keeping track of my water intake everyday, trying to get up to 8cups a day. And I was speaking with my husband, well really complaining that I didn't know how people could drink that much water in a day, that I am drinking water all day long, but I am no where close to 8 cups. Well this didn't make sense to him, so he asked me if I was drinking out of his water bottle, with the measurements on it, I was like yes, He then said "are you filling it all the way up?", I reply "Yes". He then laughs and says "Julie, that bottle holds 4 cups of water." Well, Hell! I have been drinking over 8 cups of water this whole week then. DUH!
3. I am way out of shape, and have little muscle in my arms. I was working out on the Wii Fit this morning, and I decided to do a few of the easier Yoga moves. Well I was doing the half-moon pose or something like that, and my arms were dying a few seconds in to it.

So far I have been okay with calories. I do not have some of the foods in my house that I wanted to have in here by now, so I will most likely struggle with my calorie intake all week. I was planning on going to the grocery store yesterday, but my daughter wasn't/isn't feeling well, so I will hopefully get to go tomorrow.
I had a okay breakfast this morning, a bowl of bran flakes, with 2% milk (But only a half cup). Now that was a good start, but then I realized I needed a little more to eat than that. I mean I am use to eating a huge bowl of cereal. And I was really hungry. So I was thinking fruit, but I don't have any. So I just did what I had, which was some string cheese and saltines. So my breakfast ended up being carb heavy, and with the addition of coffee, with sugar and milk (1/4cup), it put me over my calorie intake for breakfast. But, I am okay with that, because I didn't do a protein shake this morning, which was on my meal plan.
I am going to be working on a Accountability report, that I am going to post here everyday. I am working on getting it complete right now, so as soon as that is done, I will have another reason to post here everyday.
I will also be posting my menu for the day, starting as soon as I get it all together.
Maybe in the near future I will post some photos of me and my daughter playing the Wii Fit, even though the only thing she will do is run. And I will be in the near future, once I get it, be putting out my bodybugg info.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP