Sunday, February 15, 2009

2 week weigh in

So today is weigh in day, and I lost another 3 lbs this week, putting my total lost at 6lbs, in 2 weeks. I am very happy with that result. Now, honestly I was hoping to do better, as I have in the past been known to lose 10lbs a week in the beginning. But I am finding my weight loss slower this time, and I am also just eating healthier, making better choices, and not doing a fad diet, where I eat hardly anything for the first few weeks (before I quit due to hunger).

I did quit logging my food this week, I know big mistake, and I am going jump right back on it this week. I got off schedule with my husband returning home on Wednesday, but even though I didn't log my food Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or today. (Sunday is my cheat day, so I will not log on Sunday's unless it becomes a problem). I did up my exercise this week, getting in at least a 1 mile walk everyday but 2, Tuesday and Wednesday. But I met my calorie burned goal for both days.

On Wednesday, Nina and I traveled to pick up Hubby, 5 hours away. I did pack us some healthy snacks, water, and juice for the ride. I knew that we would be eating once we got there to pick him up, so I had thought about that before we left, making sure that I knew some healthy choices that I could choose, from several different types of restaurants. But, I still struggled, now we aren't the fancy, sit down type restaurant people, so I knew our choice would be fast food, so we decided on Burger King, we once we were standing there getting ready to order, I had a big problem, I couldn't decide what I should order. So I went with a grill chicken sandwich, with mustard and pickles only, and was planning on ordering a side salad to go with it, but the lady didn't hear me order that, so I just got the chicken sandwich, and I also was hoping for tea to drink but ended up with water. Well, I didn't eat the bun the chicken came on, because I thought it tasted horrible, and I couldn't drink much of the water, because of the chlorine taste. So by the time we walked back out to the car (we were at a PX, food court, and I parked way away from the store). I was starving, so I ate a protein bar, and a banana. After all that I still came in under my calorie intake for the day.

So all in all, I did okay on my first road trip. My daughter liked having the snacks in the car also, and she liked having her water bottle with her. My husband thinks for now, I am a little strange, but poor thing has no idea how to eat healthy, or what it is like to have to watch your calorie intake. Since he can eat 1200 calories a meal and never gain more than 3 lbs a month, only to lose it the next month. But he is being as supportive as possible, trying new things, even though he doesn't want to. And trying to keep his soda out of my sight, so I don't have issues with it. But he is still buying junk food for him, which is going to stop very soon, because I don't want the crap in the house.

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I was readjusting myself to him being home. He brings stress with him, honestly. So I did overeat some, and I didn't log my food at all, because I just didn't feel like, hearing his comments about it. He just doesn't get it, and thinks counting calories is crazy. But I told him last night that he needed to stop, because I had to count calories, and it was working for me, and he needed to think about his comments before he made them. And I think he finally gets it? Now don't misread what I wrote, he doesn't make fun of my weight, or anything like that, he just doesn't understand counting calories, or why you need to do it, and he thinks that me being so obsessed with it is a problem. But he just wasn't getting that I have to be obsessed with it or else it isn't going to work.

Sunday is my official cheat day, and last week I logged my food all day, but as the day went on, I would not allow myself to cheat, so this week I decided that on Sunday I am not going to log my food at all. Just so I can actually cheat. Having a cheat day may not be important to some people, but I need it, because I am barely on most days getting in 1200 calories a day, where I am suppose to be eating 1950, I just have a hard time getting that high, believe it or not. But I really never have been a gorge yourself type eater, but I think what has happened is that my metabolism is really shot for all these years of not eating enough. So I am trying to eat as many calories as I can every day, and then bump that up on Sunday, just to let my body know that there is nothing to worry about, that there is plenty of food to eat. And hopefully jump start my metabolism some. We will see how it goes, if I start to gain weight, I will go back to logging my food on Sunday's just to make sure I am not getting to crazy.

I did have 1 soda this week, and I am actually drinking it right now, and it tastes horrible. But it is cheat day, so I thought I would have one of my husband's stash, just so I didn't have to make coffee today, and I wish I would have stuck with coffee.

So there you have it, my weigh in results, and a rundown of my week.

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP