Monday, February 2, 2009

Being Accountable

In the past when dieting, I never held myself accountable and I do think that is one of the many reasons why I failed in the past. This time since I am not dieting, but instead changing my lifestyle, I decided that I needed to be more responsible and to own up to my short comings. I am doing this by, keeping a food log and tracking my fitness activities daily on SparkPeople.com (Great site, I love it). I am also writing daily blogs there, along with posting on some of the many message boards, I also joined some teams there and have signed up for team goals, and since I don't like to let people down, this will keep me on the right track.

This is also the main reason I started this blog, was so that I could come here daily and tell everyone about my successes along with any failures or short comings that I had. Well, I wasn't sure how I was going to do that, until a couple of days ago, I was browsing through some of the personal journals on SparkPeople, when I came across this great journal that had a daily Accountability report. I said to myself, "Now that is a great idea for my blog", so I asked the author of that journal if I could steal her idea and use it elsewhere, and she said sure. So today I am going to start posting the report. Each day's post will be the report for the previous day, and will also include some goals, for the month, week, and weight loss goals.

Okay without further ado here is the report for yesterday:


334 days left in the year!

Weight Loss Chart (goals by percentage):

Starting Weight (SW)-328 lbs (02/01/09)

  • 5%=311.6
  • 10%=295.2
  • 15%=278.8
  • 20%=262.4
  • 25%=246
  • 30%=229.6
  • 35%=213.2
  • 40%=196.8
  • 45%=180.4
  • 50%=164


Goals for Feb. 1st- March 1st= 29 days

Meals—Make a revolving meal plan; make sure to have healthy snacks in the house.

Exercise:

Week 1

Strength: Personal plan, using resistance bands

Cardio: WATP 1 mile, walk 15 mins outside (walking dogs)

Other: Wii Fit- 15 mins

Week 2

Strength: Personal plan, using resistance bands + Dumbbells

Cardio: WATP 1mile + 15 mins of Sweatin' DVD walk dogs 15 mins (2 times a day for a total of 30 mins)

Other: Wii Fit- 15 mins

Week 3

Strength: Personal plan, using resistance bands + Dumbbells + Strength DVD

Cardio: WATP 1 mile + 30 min Dance DVD, walk dogs 30 mins (1 time a day)

Other: Wii Fit- 15 mins

Week 4

Strength: Personal plan, resistance bands, dumbbells, DVD

Cardio: WATP 1 mile + 30 min Dance DVD + Walk dogs 30 mins x2 daily

Other: Wii Fit-15 mins


Accountability Report 02/01/09

**NUTRITION** (Per SparkPeople Guidelines) [My personal Goal]*what it actually was*

  • Calories: (1680-2030) [1968]*2212*
  • Fiber: (25-35g)[25-30 g]*18*
  • Sodium: (0-2300)*5040*
  • Carbs: (217-314g)*265*
  • Fat: (43-75g)*75*
  • Protein: (60-169g)*94*
  • Veggies/Fruits: [4 servings]*4 servings*
  • Water: (8+ cups)[12 cups]*10 cups*
  • Vitamin:[4x a day]*1x*
  • Supplements:{folic acid, omega 3}[3x a day]*1x*

**Exercise**

  • Walk: (Daily)*no*
  • Strength: (Every other day)*Tuesday,Thursday,Saturday: This week*
  • Cardio: (Daily)*Wii Fit*
  • Wii Fit: (Daily)*21mins*

**MISC**

  • Post daily updates + Weekly Weigh-ins: (Sunday-weigh in):*No/ Yes*
  • 15 minutes housecleaning daily:*No, Sunday is my day of rest*
  • Stay off of scale:*Weigh in day*

**Reflections**

So I had an afternoon snack attack. I really should have gone to the grocery store on Saturday. The reason for the snack attack was because I was tired and I was starving. The lack of healthy food in the house caused me to eat a lot of food that just wasn't very filling in small quantities, thus making me very hungry. I tried my best to stay within the calorie range, but finally I couldn't take it any longer and had to eat. I tried to eat as healthy as I could, but that was almost impossible, since we have a lot of unhealthy foods in the house still. I plan on going grocery shopping in the next few days, after that I am sure it will be easier to stay within my calorie range. I was really proud of my water intake, by the afternoon I had gotten tired of drinking plan water and really would have liked to have something else; I am only drinking coffee or water during the day right now. I did purchase some Vitamin Water and Propel water to have occasionally but did not want to drink either yesterday afternoon since I knew I was already over in calories. I also found out some things about myself that I did not realize before, I mindlessly eat (I caught myself eating tootsie rolls while talking on the phone, I only had eaten 4 but I was doing it without thinking), I eat when I am tired, I had no idea that I eat when I start to get tired, I was really surprised by these two facts. It also isn't that bad measuring things and logging the food. I am surprised about the calorie count of some items, like sugar, I never knew that sugar had so many calories, and also buffalo chicken strips have a lot of calories, who knew? I was a little disappointed about not walking at all, but Nina just refused to go, she isn't really feeling well, so I thought it best not to push the matter. Hopefully she will be feeling better later this week and we can start to walk. So far I think I am off to a good start, even with missing my calorie intake, since I know for a fact that I was eating closer to 4000 calories or more a day before, I feel as though this is a great improvement. I still can't remember to take my vitamin and supplements more than once a day, so I may start looking to see if I can find some that I only have to take once a day or I may just start taking all the pills at once.


Daily Mood Check:* Moody*

Healthy Lifestyle Scale (found on SparkPeople.com):*Healthy*


End of Report!

I feel as though I did really well yesterday, like I said in the reflections portion of the report, I was eating at least 4000 calories a day before, with little to no exercise, besides cleaning the house, etc. So what I did yesterday was a great improvement. I am not upset at all about the calories, as I will not be upset if I happen to go over today either, it is really hard when you don't have healthy foods in your home to stay within a certain amount of calories. So I am doing the best that I can before I go grocery shopping. Nina is not feeling all that well, and she really doesn't want to go out, which is unusual for her. I think once I get Fresh fruit and vegetables, some whole grains, and just healthier all around foods in the house it will become easier to stay within my calorie range. I honestly didn't realize that it would be so hard with the foods that I had/have on hand, but I am now realizing that the "normal" foods we eat do not fill you up unless you eat more. I was hoping that eating every 2 hours would keep me full longer, but it didn't work at all yesterday. I am serious when I say I was starving yesterday evening, and so was Nina and she had been eating everything that I ate yesterday. So I know it was just the choices that I made, that caused my calorie intake to go up.

So far today has gone a little better. My calorie intake was a little higher for Breakfast and Lunch than it was yesterday, and I did eat a Protein Bar a couple of hours before breakfast (Nina ate ¼ of the bar also, she just wouldn't stop stealing pieces, and she had already eaten a PB&J). And honestly I haven't been hungry at all since breakfast. I did my Wii Fit for 30 minutes this morning for the first time, but I could not play some of the games as well as I usually do, because my body just wouldn't let me. After lunch I did my Walk away The Pounds DVD (only 1-15 mile +warm up + cool down), wow what a workout. I did have some trouble keeping up, but I did the best I could. I am not very coordinated, so that doesn't help with the side steps, arm motions, kicks and things. At the end my legs were pretty wore out, but I did do the cool down, as I don't want to get into the habit of not doing it. I did feel real good afterwards. I just didn't realize that I had let myself get so out of shape, A few years ago I would have been able to do at least a 2 mile walk before I would feel it, now I am lucky to get through 1 mile. But I was happy that I got through the 1 mile, I didn't think I would. Nina did the workout with me, it was very cute, she couldn't keep up but she tried, and she was great at telling me what to do!

So far I am off to a good start, I am proud of me!

Until Tomorrow,

JT


0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template 'Contemplation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP